It's here!! Summer 2019 is underway. The staff began trickling in on Friday to begin their pre-camp training clinics. Over the next few days we will have groups being
- certified as Red Cross lifeguards
- learning how to drive the ski boats
- practicing their sailing techniques
- preparing to run our rock wall and high and low ropes courses
- being certified as USA Archery Instructors
- practicing shelter building, one-match fires, and primitive living skills
- taking canoeing and kayaking clinics put on by the LL Bean Outdoor Discovery Instructors
- being certified as Water Safety Instructors to run our waterfronts and more!
The cool camp evenings this time of year are great for a mug of hot chocolate and a rocking chair by the fire and games in the Newfound lodge as the staff gets to know each other and build the bonds that will make this a great summer. It's a wonderful time to be on the shores of Long Lake and before we know it the kids will be arriving for first session. We can't wait to see you here!